Whether your SharePoint is completely in Office 365, on your school premises or a mixture of both, Salamander can transform it into a learning environment. With over 10 years of experience in setting up SharePoint as a learning environment, there’s little we can’t automate and build directly from the data in your management system.
SharePoint brings your school’s most commonly used and familiar software together into one secure online teaching and learning environment. Pupils and staff can log into their classes wherever they are, and on any device to access, create, share and edit resources. Access is automatic with no management required as links with your management system build appropriate structures and permissions based on your school’s groups.
How can Salamander SharePoint help your school?
Online learning your way
Salamander SharePoint is fully customisable to reflect your school’s needs and automatically reflects what’s in your management system. SharePoint is automatically set-up for all of your classes, subjects, teachers and pupils in a consistent manner unique to your school. Within this, if different classes, courses or departments want a different structure, format or content for their SharePoint site, they can.
Salamander simplifies the set-up and management of a learning environment and by automatically setting-up and maintaining your sites and permissions, your staff can focus on more important activities rather than manually configuring SharePoint. Microsoft Office sits within SharePoint so that documents are created within it, saving time uploading from elsewhere and making sure everyone uses the latest versions.
A cost effective solution
Through adapting Microsoft SharePoint to your needs, we reduce the need for expensive third party development, making Salamander a very cost effective choice. By storing resources and work in the cloud, you can save money on server space.
Develop independent learners
With permissions set-up and resources already available, pupils are always ready to learn and collaborate, wherever they are. Salamander SharePoint puts an end to technology simply replicating classroom activities and really transforms teaching and learning. Teachers can assign work to the pupils they teach and track their progress. Work can digitally travel from teacher to pupil until it is submitted to be marked, online of course.
Schools using Microsoft’s OneNote see it is a seamless part of the school day. It has everything pupils need to work and collaborate, all on one page, and can be accessed from any of their devices. Teachers can check individual pupil progress on an ongoing basis and provide real time feedback. Salamander SharePoint can automatically create OneNote notebooks with any template, and in any structure which works for your school, whether it’s a notebook per class, teacher, subject, pupil or combination.
Bring classroom projects to life
Pupils create live, interactive and collaborative projects, allocate responsibilities and see what others have been doing, all from their own log in. Simultaneously, the teacher can access the project to add feedback and check understanding.
Ensure pupils are on track
Because the work that pupils do in SharePoint is always live, it can be viewed and marked by teachers on an ongoing basis. It is easy to see if pupils understand the work whilst they are working on it and not just when they hand it in.
What can Salamander do for you?
Build site structures
- Create individual site structures for any group within the management system, such as classes, subjects, courses, exam groups, faculties and groups of staff.
- Automatically allocate the right teachers and pupils to each group and give them appropriate permissions.
- Build the sites in whatever way works best for your school.
- Create secure homework storage areas for each pupil in each class.
- Display class timetables within the class site calendar.
- Create secure teacher notebooks for each class and pupil and based on custom templates.
- Enable pupils to take all of their class notes through notebooks and teachers to share new content through them.
- Synchronise notebooks across multiple devices, enabling pupils to review them on the bus home.
- Enable pupils and teachers to work together in real-time using shared class notebooks.
- Support pupils to create portfolios of their best work, for one or several subjects.
Store resources intelligently for easy searching
- Set resource tags based on specific class or department conventions.
- Prompt individuals to follow these conventions when uploading resources.
Provide everyone with more than enough storage
- A large amount of free storage is available, in both personal and shared spaces, to upload large files such as videos or sound files.
- All content is available within school and at home, whatever devices your users use.
- Create blogs for each pupil, class or group.
- Set permissions at individual or group level.
- Centrally manage blog post categories.
- Populate pupil and staff lists with management system columns such as name and tutor group, for use with forms and workflows.
- Populate SharePoint groups with specific groupings from the management system such as house, tutor group or subject leaders.
- Reflect any other task you can do through the user interface or PowerShell which needs bulk automating, especially if it is based on information from the school management system.
Works with Capita SIMS, RM Integris, Progresso, Facility CMIS, iSAMS, WCBS Pass & 3 Sys, Bromcom, Arbor and all other management information systems.
For more information please emailÂ email@example.com.