This Notice should be read alongside our General Privacy Notice.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about roles or make enquiries about our services.
We also obtain information if you call us or contact us by email or other methods such as Facebook or Linkedin.
What type of information is collected from you?
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
- In some cases, permits and visas
- National insurance number
- Full details of job offer and placements
- Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
- Outcome of education and training checks
- In certain cases, medical information
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency.
In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health.
The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
How is your information used?
The information above may be used as follows:
- To put forward your details to our department managers for you to be considered for the vacancy you have applied for.
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you if placed
Lawfulness of Processing
We process information detailed in this Notice under the following lawful conditions:
- Performance of a Contract
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- Pursuant to the Legitimate Interests of SalamanderSoft Limited
Review of this Notice
We keep this Notice under review. It was last updated in May 2023.