Added support to permissions/roles to Salamander My Sites
I had an interesting request from one of my customers asking if Salamander My Sites could filter the sites returned by the roles the user has on the sites. I was interested enough, and it was easy enough that I added it straight away.
I’ve added a new property “Permission”, which you set to one of the permissions/roles in SharePoint e.g. Contribute. The web part will then only display sites on which the user has that permission/role.
The only limitation that I’m aware of is that the role name is case-sensitive. If the role is not present then the web part will display an error message.
The web part remains free and can be downloaded from https://www.salamandersoft.co.uk/webparts/mysites.zip.