The new Salamander Moodle enables the automatic updating of Moodle based on the data in your MIS system whether you are using Sims, Facility CMIS or another MIS system. It is fully configurable so Moodle will be set up exactly how you choose.
It will automatically ensure that all your pupils and teachers are created in Moodle, no matter what type of authentication you use.
It will create courses based on how you want them created, and give roles to those you want to have access. Whether you want a course per class, or a course per Subject Year with groups based on teaching groups, Salamander can set this up for you.
Once set up, it will do this all automatically, without any manual intervention on your part.
- Fully automatic maintenance of your Moodle users
- Once Salamander is set up you will no longer need to manually create and update your users, saving a huge amount of time during the year. It will run throughout the year handling new arrivals and leavers, both pupils and staff, without you having to get involved manually. It can set them up for any type of authentication, automatically linking them to the appropriate provider.
- Fully automatic maintenance of your Moodle courses
- Once Salamander is set up you will no longer need to manually create and update your courses, again saving a huge amount of time during the year. It will run throughout the year creating new courses as required and automatically assigning roles and membership based on the information in your MIS system. It can set them up for any type of authentication, automatically linking them to the appropriate provider.
- No more requests by teachers and pupils to update the site collection
- As the school administrative staff update the school management system, the changes will be automatically reflected within your Moodle. Your Moodle will be up to date and reflecting the school management system with no further effort on your part.
- Fully configurable to your needs
- Every aspect of how Salamander updates Moodle can be configured to exactly how you want it. You do not need modify your current set up to fit in with it.
- An easier start to the year
- In September or before if they are already in the school administration system, all the new users and classes will be added to Moodle. Learning can start without you having to do any work setting up the new classes.
- Configured on your rules
- Salamander Moodle can be used with any Moodle setup. You can have your Moodle configured exactly how you want it.
- User creation and updating
- Users are automatically created and updated. They can be configured to use the authentication type of your choice and be automatically linked to the authentication provider. Their attributes can be set to whatever you choose, so for example if you don't want the teachers' forenames to appear, it can be set up to just add their initials.
- Course creation and updating
- Courses are automatically created and updated using whichever options you choose and can be assigned to any category. In all cases the appropriate pupils and teachers will be assigned the roles which you choose.
- Creation and updating of Moodle groups
- Moodle groups, for example to contain the members of a class, can be automatically created with the appropriate role in a group. Their membership will then be automatically maintained.
- Extract from multiple data sources
- Salamander can extract data from many different data sources. This includes the main UK MIS systems; Sims and Facility CMIS, any standard database, CSV files and XML files. The file option is particularly handy for temporary users who will not be entered into your MIS system, simply put their data in a file and they will be set up exactly the same as all your other users with no further effort.
- Sophisticated searching to find users in Ldap/Active Directory.
- When using Ldap or NTLM authentication, Salamander has a sophisticated searching engine to find users wherever they are in your Ldap set up.
- Salamander can be set up to only process a subset of your classes, pupils and staff. This is ideal for initial testing. In addition, the set to use can be set in the future to get ready for the next academic year in advance.
- Automated Process
- Salamander is a fully automated process meaning that once installed you will not need to enter your new arrivals again.
- Manual integration
- Salamander Moodle can be run manually whenever you need to.
- Configurable scheduling
- Schedule the integration as often or a little as you like, at times which suits your network.
- Full reporting
- Salamander logs every action it takes. It can be configured to save log files exactly where you want them and can even email logs to you. The logging is built on top of the popular log4net logging framework allowing you to extend the logging to other areas as well.
For more information please email email@example.com.