Data Viewer Web Part
Salamander Data Viewer web part allows you to display the results of a SQL query in a grid in SharePoint. It's similar to the Data View you can add through SharePoint Designer, but is easier to use and allows the user of parameterised queries to allow different data to be displayed depending on who is logged on etc.
The current features include:
- The Grid is a standard SharePoint grid
- The Grid is sorteable
- The Grid is pageable
- Add to a page using the web part gallery rather than altering the page in SharePoint Designer
- Connection is made using the SharePoint Web Application's identity so you don't need to put user and password information in the web part properties to be seen by anyone with Contribute permissions
- Parameterised queries based on the user and/or context. It can currently use Active Directory properties in the query. We will add further sources as requested, I can forsee Query String and Server Variables being useful.
- New Can display hyperlinks based on the data in the query.
- New Connectable to the MOSS filter web parts to use in the query parameters.
For a school (site license) or per server otherwise, the cost is £250 + VAT.
For a trial version please email email@example.com.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.